Update day: 20-11-2023
Location: Hong Kong
Category: Consulting / Customer Service
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products and services daily. We believe in the value of empowering our Senior Manager / Manager - Program and Project Auditswith the resources to enhance and achieve our business performance objectives for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
The Senior Manager/Manager is accountable for completing audits on programs/projects/initiatives within the Company globally; In addition, this role will also collaborate with the Technology Audit Team, Business Audit Team and Data Analytics Team for the delivery of technology audits, integrated audits, and other ad hoc projects. While remaining totally independent, Audit Services function adds value to senior management and the board of directors by collaboration with various technology and risk management departments and the delivery of audit results to improve the management of various forms of risk in Manulife.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related discipline with 8 – 10 years’ project and technology audit or IT project consulting experience.
- Recognized professional auditing (CISA, CIA, CPA), project management (PMP, CSM) or security (CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CEH, CHFI, etc.) designations.
- In-house financial institution experiences in auditing, project management, application development, IT infrastructure and cybersecurity would be an advantage.
- Previous Big-4 experience is preferable with audit and IT project advisory experiences.
- Proficient in English with strong report writing and communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel and other analytical tools such as PowerBI; dedicated to applying Data Analytics in each audit where applicable.
- Strong knowledge of audit methodologies including Agile Auditing, control frameworks and risk management techniques, including project management, information security or IT management technologies.
- Proven track record in independently leading audit engagements from planning to reporting audit results on time and under pressure.
- Good business knowledge of the insurance and wealth & asset management industry, and good understanding to relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines (e.g., Hong Kong Insurance Authority, The Securities and Futures Commissions, Monetary Authority of Singapore, Bank Negara Malaysia etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written.
- Results oriented; able to strike work balance while running multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong business judgment in assessing significance of issues and developing value added recommendations.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality.
- Strong team player who willingly and openly shares ideas and knowledge and vice versa.
- Staying current with latest project management methodologies and technologies with good understanding associated emerging risks.
- Staying current with the changing laws and regulations on technology such as cybersecurity.
On the job you will:
- Plan, manage and execute project, technology and integrated audits in accordance with department methodology and standards.
- Perform risk assessments and ensure that audit scope covers all significant risks. Ensure that audit programs and audit testing is comprehensive at addressing the significant risks.
- Work in partnership with the project management team to anticipate risks (business, technology and project management) and help to identify appropriate management practices to address these risks.
- Work in partnership with the Technology Audit Team, Business Audit Team in the project to identify technology and operational risks introduced by the new/changed process/solution/infrastructure, and cost-effective risk management practices required to mitigate these risks.
- Assist business unit or IT management by providing risk management consulting support and risk management education and training.
- Manage audit projects within time and budget, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to appropriate Audit management.
- Supervise audit staff assisting on project and review completed files to ensure quality of work completed and manage relationships with Client relationships.
- Prepare audit reports, including executive summary and rating of adequacy of risk management, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations; audits reports are to be clear, concise and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards and according to departmental quality standards.
- Present findings and recommendations to business unit management; resolve contentious issues and reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues.
- Special work may be performed as determined by department priorities.
- Night calls with North America is required.
- Travels within Asia and North America may require.
Our commitment to you:
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment,retention, advancementand compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, email@example.com.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Hong Kong
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Hong Kong