Update day: 06-11-2023
Category: Restaurant / Hotel / Tourism
Salary: $47,000 - $52,000 a month
Our Catering Department manages one of the largest and most diverse catering operations in Hong Kong. We provide a wide range of catering, sports and recreation facilities for Members and their guests in three Clubhouses. In addition, both Happy Valley and Sha Tin Racecourses have numerous catering facilities used by Members, non-members and corporate organizations for a variety of functions.
- Responsible for developing menus for the Parade Western counters
- In the absence of the Chef De Cuisine, conduct pre-shift briefings and regular communications meetings, ensuring that they are effective and conducted as necessary.
- In the absence of the Chef De Cuisine, attend Food and Beverage meetings as scheduled.
- Help maintain and utilise other employee communications channels, e.g. notice boards, log books, handover reports, etc.
- Be responsible for on time completion of tasks outside the kitchen as communicated by management. These include, but are not limited to, operational management duties such as daily emails, scheduling, recipe data entry, menu support documents (allergen chart, pick up chart, recipe card) and special projects related to annual performance review
- Ensure that all guest contact culinary employees in the outlet deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- Handle all guest complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, follow through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily
- Help maximize employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the restaurant as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Assist in proactively managing operational financials including actual vs potential, balance month end inventory stock values within budget and ensure food cost budgets are adhered to.
- Ensure related teams adhere all HKJC SOP & policy related to HACCP and hygiene resulting in passing scores for internal and external audits.
- Work in and oversee the assigned station / section and the relevant employees to ensure that food products are prepared according to the standard required.
- Assist as needed in other all areas within Parade kitchen and HVNC as a whole to accomplish the operational goals set by management.
- Maintain the assigned station / section in a clean and orderly manner at all times.
- Follow standard recipes and minimize waste to help ensure that the food cost is in line with budget.
- Train the employees as necessary in the preparation and presentation of the food items.
- Suggest alternative menu items, meet specific customer requests and interact with customers to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.
- Treat all operating equipment and supplies carefully to minimise damage and reduce wastage.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of outlet culinary employees. Follow the Club’s guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
- Oversee the punctuality and appearance of sections culinary employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the Club’s grooming standards.
- Maximize the effectiveness of culinary employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training and/or coaching.
- Conduct annual performance development discussions with employees.
- Assist in the preparation and posting of weekly work schedules for culinary employees, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
- Encourage employees to be creative and innovative and to challenge ineffective practices; recognise them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adherence to employee rules and regulations.
- Ensure that employees follow the Club’s policies and rules and statutory regulations relating to fire safety and hazards, security & data privacy.
- Maintain strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels/restaurants and other organisations.
- Work with Catering Support Services and Facility Management to ensure equipment is maintained in good and sanitary condition and costs associated with operational repairs are minimized.
- Understand Employee Handbook and adhere to the Club’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Perform any other related duties as and when assigned by supervisor.
- Achieving sustainable improvements in resource efficiency without compromising product and service quality
- Proactively mentoring and coaching team members
- Proactively sourcing new recruits in the market
- Helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each Member/guest that comes to Parade; engaging actively with Members and spending quality time with each customer.
You should have:
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience gained in prestigious hotels or restaurants with 3 years in a similar position
- Hygiene Manager Certification or similar food safety qualification
- Extensive experience in creating authentic regional Italian cuisine with a focus on hand-made pizza, pasta and grilled items
- Functional understanding of North American style steak house cuisine
- Functional understanding of contemporary and classic European cuisine
- Solid hygiene knowledge in HACCP
- Excellent people management skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Good computer skills in using Word and excel software
- Familiar with food service industry management systems & software
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club’s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 - $52,000.00 per month
- Medical Insurance
- Day shift
- Late shift
- Monday to Friday
- Shift system
- Weekend Availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 03-01-2024🌏 Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong Island
💸 $18,000 - $21,000 a month⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Wan Chai, Hong Kong Island
💸 $20,500 - $24,000 a month⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Wan Chai, Hong Kong Island
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Wan Chai, Hong Kong Island
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Causeway Bay, Hong Kong Island
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Central, Hong Kong Island
⏰ 29-12-2023🌏 Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Island
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong Island
⏰ 20-12-2023🌏 Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong Island
💸 $17,293 a month⏰ 18-12-2023🌏 Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong Island